Hello and Welcome!
Welcome to my blog 🙂 I’m Rachel (Rach to my friends) and I’ll be sharing tips and tricks for how to be more organised, efficient and productive amongst other useful things I’ve learnt that I believe can make a difference.
If you found me through my website then perhaps you already know me or maybe you’re looking to discover more. I’m sure you’ll get to learn more about me over my coming posts but here are a few facts about me.
- I grew up in London but moved to Wiltshire when I was 13 and still live in the South-West of the UK.
- I’m half English, half Dutch and lived in the Netherlands for a year from 2015-2016.
- I’m 180cm tall which I hear is pretty tall for a woman! (That’s the Dutch in me). I’m everyone’s friend in the supermarket when they can’t reach the top shelves 🙂
- I love animals and if I had it my way I would have a house full of adopted four-legged creatures (or even two-legged!)
- My favourite colour is turquoise. From where I’m sat right now I can see turquoise drawing pins, tissue box, filofax, computer mouse and washing basket. Yellow is also nice. But turquoise definitely wins for me.
- My favourite food is eggs. Boiled, scrambled, fried, poached, omelette, french toast, you name it (or even better, cook it) and I’ll eat it!
- My favourite smell is creosote (I know, it’s a strange one).
- I have a bit of a tupperware obsession. Personal favourites include an avocado shaped avocado container and a lemon shaped lemon container. Do I need them? No! Do they make me happy? Yes!
- I love star-gazing. There’s something about looking up at the night sky that gives me an overwhelming sense of peacefulness. I’ve had friends tell me they saw me walking and the reason they knew it was me was because I was staring up at the stars!
- When I’m not working, I love cooking (especially baking), curling up with a good book or going for nice walks in the countryside.
- I HATE doing the laundry and ironing. Bleugh.
- I have a love/hate relationship with running. I’ve run 2 half marathons and 1 full off road marathon (I didn’t realise it was off-road until half way through!!) but generally I don’t like going out in the cold for too long (because I get grumpy) and my knee hurts from a previous running injury so I’m spending the time I would be running eating chocolate on the sofa instead (which is way more fun if you ask me).
- I’d say my worst habit is procrastinating. When it’s for someone else I will be super productive and motivated to get going. But when it comes to myself and I haven’t set myself a deadline, I will find a million and one other ‘super important’ things to do (such as grouping all of the coins in my change tray so they’re together. I swear it had to be done really urgently…)
So that’s me in a nutshell. Like I said, you’ll get to know me more in coming posts but if you’re here then thanks for reading!